Student resilience, empowerment and wellbeing are essential for both academic and social development, and are strengthened by safe, supportive and respectful learning environments. Woodridge State High School shares this responsibility with the whole Woodridge community.
Below is a list of agencies which can support our young people and their parents.
Mental Health Support
Bullying No Way
- A site for students, parents and teachers around bullying.
- Provides information and support to help everyone in Australia achieve their best possible mental health, whatever their age and wherever they live.
– Not-for-profit organisation that works to make mindfulness accessible to all.
Eat for Health
- Advice about the amount and kinds of foods that we need to eat for health and wellbeing.
- provides ad-free parenting videos, articles and apps backed by Australian experts.
- Australia’s leading child protection organisation.
- Australian Communications & Media Authority.
– Free counselling and support for parents and carers.
– Catholic support services providing help and creating hope.
– Integrated nationwide services helping people find safe and affordable housing, supporting disadvantaged children and families, empowering troubled young people, assisting people with mental illness and disability, and much more.
- Hear from others about what has helped them and share what you're going through!
- Implements the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), which will support a better life for hundreds of thousands of Australians with a significant and permanent disability and their families and carers.
Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia
- A registered charity and Australia’s only national support organisation, dedicated to helping individuals and carers alike in managing allergy and anaphylaxis.
- StudyVibe is a FREE repository of educational resources. It is designed to support students to develop as effective learners and provide carefully curated resources to support teachers' curriculum development and improve learning outcomes for students in middle and senior schools.
World of Work
– Job Outlook can help you make decisions about study and training, your first job, or your next step in your career.
– Find jobs online, nationwide.
- Provides an overview of trends in the Australian labour market.
- MyFuture is a comprehensive tool for career profiling.
Getting Set for Life
ACCESS Community Services
- Provides leadership, education, advocacy and support services to assist migrants, refugees and the broader community, to shape their own future. Our vision is a cohesive community where individuals are valued, participate economically and experience a higher quality of life.
Multilink Community Services
- MultiLink provides community services to diverse communities. Multilink focusses on migrant, culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
The Salvation Army
- The Salvation Army provides all social services without discrimination.
– yourtown provides employment services, training services, parent education, family refuges to create brighter futures.
– Youth program designed to help you get your licence, stay safe on the road and start your journey as a driver in Queensland
Applying for a birth certificate
- You should use this application form to get a Queensland birth certificate, a replacement birth certificate or a commemorative birth certificate package.
Residential Tenancies Authority
- Provides tenancy information and support, bond management, dispute resolution, investigations and prosecutions, and education services.