Woodridge State High School opened in January 1972. Enrolments at Woodridge State School continued to rise rapidly in the early 1970s, following an influx of British migrants. In January 1974, enrolments totalled 1,689 students, making it the biggest school in Queensland at the time. Woodridge State High School was founded out of a passion to provide the best possible educational opportunities for students in the Woodridge area. The school is gearing up for its 50th anniversary in 2022 to look back over half a century of memories.
Woodridge State High School is a dynamic, thriving and energetic school. The school's vision of being 'Empowered, Resilient… World Changing' defines how we connect in learning, through country and culture, to business, education and the wider community.
The WSHS brand brings together the collective expertise, resources and facilities of the school under one single name, crest and logo.
The motto on the circular crest displays the words: Knowledge, Faith, Understanding - mingle as one in truths unquenchable fire.
The crest is comprised of a variety of images that are symbols for WSHS.
- Ball represents physical activity and teamwork.
- Quaver/eighth music note represents expression and creativity.
- Palette represents imagination and inspiration.
- Janus mask represents art, culture and drama.
- Torch/flame represents truth, life and enlightenment to all.
Additionally, the Munich Olympic Games were held in the year the school was opened - 1972. The flame is a symbol of the Olympic message of peace, friendship, tolerance, and hope.
New school vision 2020 to 2023
Empowered, Resilient... World Changing!
- We have the knowledge, confidence, resources and ability to do things and make decisions.
- We are able to withstand and recover quickly from difficult situations with a sense of confidence, composure and commitment.
- We are equipped to take risks, to be innovative and seize any opportunity thrown our way.
This vision statement will play a useful role in helping our school be a positive and productive learning community for now and into the future.