Since 11 May 2020, Woodridge State High School Year 11 and 12 students have been engaging with a modified timetable. The purpose of the introduction of this timetable was to lower risk of COVID transmission and to continue student’s engagement with their online learning platforms.
To continue to prepare our students to become empowered, resilient and world changing young adults, this Senior School Timetable benefits our students by:
- Preparing them for the workforce and/or a tertiary learning pathway
- Making education more interactive and enabling them to learn beyond the physical classroom preparing them for the future world of work
- Empowering them to take more control of their learning
- Continuing the progress our community has made with engaging in online learning and collaboration platforms
- Allowing flexibility to manage school, home and work life.
The graphic below details the lessons that Year 11 and 12 students have face-to-face with their teachers and the lessons they have with their teachers online (utilising eLearn and Blackboard Collaborate). All subjects have 2 lessons of face-to-face teaching time, and 1 lesson engaged online.
Students have the opportunity to leave the school campus during the online learning lessons.
What are the Online Learning platforms ?
Students access their class Blackboard site by downloading the Blackboard App on their phone or iPad.
The Blackboard app allows students:
- Easy access to course updates, content and your grades
- See upcoming assignments and tests
- Receive push notifications for course content
- Attach files for assessment purposes
- View and reply to course discussion activity
Students can download the Blackboard Mobile Learn app for free. Click below to download the Blackboard App for your mobile device.
When the app has been installed, enter 'DOE' in the text box then select Learning Place, DOE QLD. Then you will be prompted to enter your username and password.
Outlook email account
Each student has an official school Outlook email account which can be accessed on all devices and platforms. The email account of any user is their login + eq.edu.au. For example, a student's login is jbieb14 and their email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students can access their Outlook email account at webmail.eq.edu.au
Finding out more
Our Head of Department – Student Performance, is available to speak with you around your personal circumstances if required. Mrs Kathy-Anne Wooley can be contacted by email or phone:
Email: email@example.com Phone: 3290 7222